Dereham Young Farmers plan 200-mile tractor run to raise money for The Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House
- Credit: Norfolk Young Farmers
Dereham Young Farmers' Club (YFC) members are preparing to drive their tractors more than 200 miles around Norfolk, visiting the county's 27 senior YFC and junior Countrysider clubs en route.
Although a charity itself, the club, alongside the other YFCs across the county, boasts a long history of fund-raising for other good causes.
Dereham YFC's chosen charity for this year is The Norfolk Hospice, Tapping House – a cause particularly close to the club chairlady's heart, as well as currently supporting a past member and a friend of another's.
The hospice provides key palliative care, support and transport for those in need, and having recently opened its new centre in Hillington, near King's Lynn, will be able to provide further services to patients and their families across west Norfolk.
So far this year the club has raised about £300 from carol singing, but this is not the end of its endeavours as members are aiming to raise another £1,000 for Tapping House by undertaking a Tractor Road Run on April 29-30.
The run will start on the Theatre Street Car Park in Dereham at 9am on April 29. On the first day, the team will be visiting clubs at Swaffham, Downham Market, Terrington, Fakenham, North Elmham, Reepham, Aylsham, North Walsham and then Acle.
The second day's journey will leave Acle at about 9.30am and travel to Loddon, Harleston, Diss, Attleborough and Wymondham before finally heading back to Dereham.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out
Tori Short, of Dereham YFC, said: 'The Tractor Run is open to members of the public with agricultural vehicles – exhibition forms, a full route including stops and further details are available on our Facebook page or by contacting 07920 011227. You don't have to do the whole trip but we would love you to join in.
'However it's not just tractors we need. A wave and a cheer as we go past is great for lifting our spirits on the long journey, it would be amazing to have your support and so we invite you to join us in the towns on our route'
For more information visit the club's fund-raising page.