Dereham church hosts prestigious American choir
- Credit: Archant
A prestigious American choir visited a Dereham church last week as part of their pilgrimage around the area.
The Taylor Episcopal Choir performed a concert at St Nicholas Church in Dereham, where they played their inspirational music to local churchgoers.
The choir has also visited other churches in the area, which included singing evensong at Norwich Cathedral during last week.
Simon Jacobs, organist and choirmaster, is originally from England having been a chorister at Truro Cathedral and organ scholar at Salisbury Cathedral and Westminster Cathedral.
He then filled several posts in America before joining the prestigious Taylor Choir in May this year.
You may also want to watch:
Scott Christiansen conducted the choir and played an organ solo during the evening.
Evelyn Speed of St Nicholas Church said: 'The standard of singing and organ playing was exceptional. It was a great privilege to host such an entourage in Dereham.'
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting