Football club celebrates successful first year
- Credit: Dereham Saints
Dereham's newest youth football club received a special visit from the mayor and some councillors.
Dereham Saints Football Club has just completed its first season playing in the Norfolk combined youth football league.
On Thursday, May 24, the team were visited by the mayor of Dereham and some councillors who attended their training venue to see how far the club have progressed since launching a year ago.
The chairman of Norfolk Football Association presented the club with a charter standard plaque.
The club was launched by Jack and Sue Cassidy. In its first year, the club has gone from one team of 18 children, to 10 teams entering the league this September.
You may also want to watch:
The club also has mini saints, who have now been awarded charter standard by the FA for their hard work.
Mr Cassidy said: 'All this couldn't have been possible without our brilliant coaches, parents and fantastic children.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died