Dereham’s gardeners prepare fruit and veg for annual allotment show
- Credit: Archant
Dereham's allotments and gardening society will hold their annual show on Saturday, August 19.
The show will be held in Memorial Hall, Dereham, and include displays of flowers, plants, fruit and vegetables.
Gardeners and crafters will also show off their flower arrangements, cookery, preserves, photography and handmade crafts. There is also a children's section.
There will also be local traders at the show with a range of goods for sale, from artwork including jewellery, clothing, paintings, vegan skin care products, Ugandan fabrics, garden decorations, and works of art.
Various societies will attend the show, including the Shipham garden club, and the Norfolk and Norwich horticultural society.
Stalls outside the show will be open from 10am and close at 4pm. The show is open to the public 1pm until 4pm.
Prizes will be given out at 3.30pm and leftover produce will be sold after the show - at bargain prices.
- 1 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 2 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 5 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 6 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 7 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages