Dereham rockers Bad Touch ready to take to the road
- Credit: Archant
Five young rockers from Dereham will embarking on a tour of the UK in October, having been chosen as a supporting act for headliners the Quireboys and Bonafide.
Bad Touch are a band comprising of five friends from Dereham who started playing together while they were at school and college.
Vocalist Steve Woods, Robert Glendining on lead guitar, Daniel Seekings on guitar, George Drewery, drums and vocals and Michael Bailey, bassist, all started their rock careers in different bands but by 2009 they had formed Bad Touch.
Manager Michael Drewry, said: 'They've been together now for almost four years, and they've played venues all over Britain. This upcoming tour has to be one of the biggest though. It's such an honour for them.
'They've worked really hard, and we built them a recording studio in the bottom of our garden to rehearse. It's right next to Dereham graveyard, so we've no fear of annoying the neighbours!'
You may also want to watch:
The group won an award for best unsigned live bands throughout the UK from the Exposure Music Awards last year and are always on the road playing gigs.
As yet, the band remain unsigned and are enjoying their freedom to pick and choose where and when they play.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 10 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
The hard working group are constantly playing live on the road. They will play Dereham Cherry Tree pub on July 6, and the Railway, North Elmham on July 11.
More information on gigs and venues is available at www.badtouchrocks.co.uk/home.