Fond farewell to rector leaving after 10 years
- Credit: Archant
A large congregation attended a farewell service for the Rev Canon Sally Theakston, who is leaving after 10 years as Dereham and District team rector.
Family, people from across the benefice, friendship colleagues from Denmark and local dignitaries were at the service.
Mrs Theakston and her husband Michael were presented with gifts including a commissioned water colour picture, showing the eight churches she has served and been responsible for.
They cut a decorated cake, made by Beverly Burton, before leaving the church, hand in hand for pastures new.
The day finished with a leaving party at Swanton Morley Village Hall
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Theakston will continue to work in the Diocese of Norwich as assistant director of ordinands.
Evelyn Speed, from St Nicholas church. said: "They will be greatly missed by all areas of life in Dereham and surrounding villages to which they have contributed so much time and energy."
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker