Fond farewell to rector leaving after 10 years
- Credit: Archant
A large congregation attended a farewell service for the Rev Canon Sally Theakston, who is leaving after 10 years as Dereham and District team rector.
Family, people from across the benefice, friendship colleagues from Denmark and local dignitaries were at the service.
Mrs Theakston and her husband Michael were presented with gifts including a commissioned water colour picture, showing the eight churches she has served and been responsible for.
They cut a decorated cake, made by Beverly Burton, before leaving the church, hand in hand for pastures new.
The day finished with a leaving party at Swanton Morley Village Hall
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Theakston will continue to work in the Diocese of Norwich as assistant director of ordinands.
Evelyn Speed, from St Nicholas church. said: "They will be greatly missed by all areas of life in Dereham and surrounding villages to which they have contributed so much time and energy."
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'