Preparations underway in Dereham Market Place ahead of Christmas light switch on
- Credit: Archant
Preparations are well underway in Dereham this morning as the town gears up for one of its biggest events of the year.
Entertainment starts at 12pm today on the music stage as well as various busking spots and in the parish church.
Dereham Baptist Church will once again run its nativity photo booth during the afternoon. The free activity offers people the chance to dress up in nativity costumes and have their pictures taken.
As well as visiting Santa in his Grotto and meeting his reindeer children can also post him their letters and gift lists. Every letter will get a reply as long as they include a return address.
Railway Tavern landlord Paul Sandford will switch on the lights at 5pm, having been chosen in a public vote in recognition of his charity work and support for the armed forces.
You may also want to watch:
While it is hoped thousands of people will turn out to watch the lights in Dereham town centre get switched on this Sunday, many will also visit a little cul-de-sac in the town.
The residents of Paget Adams Drive, off Norwich Road, are famed for the effort they put into the festive lights on their houses and in their front gardens.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab