Dereham Oddfellows to bring murder mystery and World War Two heroics to Dereham
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham Oddfellows are set to host two big events in April and May starting with a murder mystery.
Amateur sleuths are invited to take part in the 1960s murder mystery taking place at York Place Residents Community Hall in Dereham at 7.30pm on Tuesday, April 11. Entry will be free for members and £2 for non- members.
This will be followed by a presentation on the retreat of the Royal Norfolk 2nd Battalion to Dunkirk.
The remarkable war story will be re-told at York Place and will cover the story of how two soldiers, one of whom came from Dereham, survived the atrocity at Le Paradis.
One of the presenters will be Dennis O'Callaghan, son of one of the survivors,
You may also want to watch:
The price of admission is £2 for members and £2.50 for non-members. Donations will go to Nelsons Journey and the British legion.
For more information contact Oddfellows secretary on: 01362 696536.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 6 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge