Dereham Oddfellows to bring murder mystery and World War Two heroics to Dereham
- Credit: Ian Burt
Dereham Oddfellows are set to host two big events in April and May starting with a murder mystery.
Amateur sleuths are invited to take part in the 1960s murder mystery taking place at York Place Residents Community Hall in Dereham at 7.30pm on Tuesday, April 11. Entry will be free for members and £2 for non- members.
This will be followed by a presentation on the retreat of the Royal Norfolk 2nd Battalion to Dunkirk.
The remarkable war story will be re-told at York Place and will cover the story of how two soldiers, one of whom came from Dereham, survived the atrocity at Le Paradis.
One of the presenters will be Dennis O'Callaghan, son of one of the survivors,
You may also want to watch:
The price of admission is £2 for members and £2.50 for non-members. Donations will go to Nelsons Journey and the British legion.
For more information contact Oddfellows secretary on: 01362 696536.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?