Dereham mum to brave the shave to fundraise for Macmillan cancer
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham woman will shave her head to raise money for Macmillan cancer.
Amy Thomas, who will be 31 when she shaves her head on September 3, made the decision in support of her mum, Penny Egmore, and best friend, Lucy Page who both survived breast cancer.
She said: 'I'm doing it for my mum and best friend. They've both had breast cancer and thankfully have both recovered'.
Sadly, Amy also lost her grandad to lung cancer in 2007, and had a cousin suffer from the same illness.
She described her hair as 'very thick and curly', and added that everyone was being very supportive, especially her husband.
She added: 'my two young daughters, age three and five, will find it weird having a mummy with no hair, but they'll soon adjust.
'I wanted to do something big and something that would raise good money.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
Amy has raised almost £300, and will be taking donations until the day itself.