Dereham mum to brave the shave to fundraise for Macmillan cancer
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham woman will shave her head to raise money for Macmillan cancer.
Amy Thomas, who will be 31 when she shaves her head on September 3, made the decision in support of her mum, Penny Egmore, and best friend, Lucy Page who both survived breast cancer.
She said: 'I'm doing it for my mum and best friend. They've both had breast cancer and thankfully have both recovered'.
Sadly, Amy also lost her grandad to lung cancer in 2007, and had a cousin suffer from the same illness.
She described her hair as 'very thick and curly', and added that everyone was being very supportive, especially her husband.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'my two young daughters, age three and five, will find it weird having a mummy with no hair, but they'll soon adjust.
'I wanted to do something big and something that would raise good money.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
Amy has raised almost £300, and will be taking donations until the day itself.