Dereham man in court on firearms charges
A 27 year-old man appeared via video link at Norwich Crown Court after an alleged shotgun incident, in Dereham.
John Parkinson, of Suffolk Place in the town, has been charged with eight offences, including possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence, possession of a firearm in a public place, possession of a prohibited weapon and five counts of breaching a restraining order.
The charges follow an incident on December 3, when a 14 hour police hunt was sparked after a man was reported to have fired two shotgun blasts in the Toftwood area of Dereham.
No pleas were taken at the hearing and the case has been adjourned for a further hearing at the crown court on March 3.
Parkinson has been remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR