Dereham man convicted of sexual activity with girls under 16
A man who was convicted of having sex with a string of underage girls has been told by a judge that he appeared to show no regard and respect for women.
Scott Jackson, of Kennedy Close, Dereham, was yesterday convicted by a jury at Norwich Crown Court of seven charges of sexual activity with two girls under 16. He was cleared of three counts of rape against a third girl. The court heard that the 22 year-old has already pleaded guilty to other charges of having sex with six other girls who were all under 16.
His case was adjourned for sentencing until January 30 but Recorder Guy Ayers has also asked for an assessment to look at what danger Jackson might pose as he said there were various aspects of his attitude towards women that were a cause for 'grave concern.'
'You have no regard or respect for women at all.'
During the trial one of the witnesses told how Jackson had been controlling and violent towards her and on one occasion claimed he had punched her in the face.
You may also want to watch:
The jury also heard how Jackson kept a list of women he hated and had said during his evidence that girls were 'vindictive.'
He also denied he had been violent towards anyone and said that he was himself 'immature.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
Jackson has been remanded in custody until his sentencing.