Dereham jewellers have £750 worth of stock taken
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham jewellers lost an estimated £750 worth of stock after thieves smashed their front window.
Owners David and Lorraine Thorpe arrived at their shop, L.K.T Jewellers, on Norwich Street to find earings, bangles, watches and bracelets missing, with smashed glass on the road.
Police were called just before 4am, and they removed jewellery left on the road, as well as bordering up the windows.
Mr Thorpe, 70, from Norwich, said they were lucky that the thieves didn't get in to the main shop.
Not only were valuable items taken, but presentation stands they were displayed on were too.
You may also want to watch:
After being in business in the town centre for 14 years Mr Thorpe said: 'We are a little independent shops, so it effects us differently to the big boys [chain stores].'
Mrs Thorpe, who lives in Dereham, said she was 'fuming' when she saw the damage and said it could have had an impact on business because of their empty front window, people think they are shut. The shop remains open.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
Norfolk Police said anyone with information should call 101.