Norfolk 11-year-old shortlisted in RSPCA photo competition
- Credit: RSPCA
A Norfolk youngster has been shortlisted in an animal-themed photography competition for a picture of her pet rat.
Melody Kingsland, 11, from Dereham has been shortlisted in the RSPCA's young photographer awards after submitting a picture of her pet rat, snowflake, reading a book.
She's one of 14 children and young people in the UK aged between 10 and 18 who have been shortlisted.
A spokesperson from the RSPCA said: "In this part of the competition, there is a special online poll, named ‘People’s Choice’, for the public to pick their winning photo from the categories.
"The winner of the competition will receive £100 worth of vouchers for Amazon and an RSPCA Young Photographer Awards trophy and a certificate."
You may also want to watch:
Voting begins on Tuesday, March 9 at 12.30pm and will close on March 16.
The winner will be announced on March 17 on the RSPCA Facebook page.
- 1 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 2 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 5 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 6 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 7 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues