Small world! Dereham duo sit just rows apart while watching England’s win over Panama in Russia
- Credit: Archant
After travelling more than 2,000 miles to watch England in the World Cup, the last thing you'd expect to see his an old friend from your home town.
But two football-mad England fans from Dereham were amazed to see each other, just a few rows apart, at Nizhny Novgorod Stadium during England's record 6-1 victory over Panama on Sunday.
Ian Odgers took this selfie with Barrie Tullis during the match, which he shared on Facebook and wrote, 'look who's in Nizhny.'
Mr Odgers, who travels the world watching England and running marathons, is returning home briefly, before heading back out to Russia to watch England's final Group G clash with Belgium at Kaliningrad Stadium.
He said on Facebook: 'I know several England fans that have not come out here due to the media hype. OK its still early days and less than 2 weeks in but I would like to say... WOW! Russia is doing this so right. Great hosts... Great organisation... The people cannot do enough for you. Free metro all round Moscow ... Free trains to matches. Fan zones and Fan fests are rocking and friendly. Met so many folk from so many countries with so many smiling faces.. it's been an absolute pleasure to be part of it.
You may also want to watch:
'Moscow is stunning, if you haven't been.. come! Thank you Russia goodbye until Thursday.'
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available