Craft group appeal to businesses for window space in summer event
- Credit: Dereham Community Crafters
A group of keen knitters and decorators in a Norfolk town are inviting local businesses to come forward for an event they are coordinating in August and September.
The Dereham Community Crafters have been contacting businesses in the town and asking them to participate in a window-decorating competition, which will form part of a ‘Celebrating Dereham’ season of events in the late summer.
Group chair Judy Rogers said the group had previously run several similar competitions and were also planning to “yarn-bomb” the town in wool.
Prizes of engraved cups will be awarded to the best windows, with different categories of award set to be planned.
If businesses do not wish to decorate their windows themselves, they can still donate their window space for a local group who may wish to, such as a school or scouts group.
You may also want to watch:
Businesses not yet contacted by the crafters are encouraged to approach them at email@example.com
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk