Ex-City stars to play against soldiers in charity game
- Credit: Ian Burt
Former Norwich City players are among a team of 'Allstars' set to take on a squad of soldiers in a charity football match in Dereham on Wednesday.
Darren Huckerby, Ryan and Rossi Jarvis, Robert Fleck and Bob Taylor have all confirmed they will take part in the game at Aldiss Park in aid of the Royal British Legion.
They will play a team from the 1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards, based at Swanton Morley, in the fixture organised by Paul Sandford from the town's Railway Tavern pub.
Some of the QDG play for a pub team and Mr Sandford said they asked him last week if there was any chance of a remembrance game.
He then rang all his contacts and has put together a competitive team.
You may also want to watch:
'The colonel said he was sending buglers to fanfare the players onto the pitch,' he said.
Kick off is at 7.30pm and entry costs £5.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
The bar will be open from 5pm and food from 6pm.