Covid support group back to support residents in Tier 4
- Credit: Archant
A coronavirus support group is back up and running to help vulnerable people cope with the isolation of Tier 4 restrictions.
Dereham Cares organiser Alison Webb said the group had about 130 volunteers ready to help.
Mrs Webb said: “People might need more support, with the tier level going up, and what we want to do is provide that support wherever we can. I think we can make a lot of difference.”
Mrs Webb added that residents should remember “there’s light at the end of the tunnel” with two vaccines now approved for use, and that the situation “won’t last forever”.
The group can deliver food and household essentials to those shielding or isolating by calling 07940 169 722.
You may also want to watch:
Prescriptions can also be collected for those unable to arrange collection themselves. Call 07568 571 901 to arrange this.
Just as important: anyone feeling lonely should ring 07826 521 408 to be put in touch with a volunteer who can telephone them.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall