Dereham boy injured in hit-and-run accident
Police are looking for the driver of a silver car after a boy was knocked down and the motorist failed to stop.
The 12-year-old boy was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with minor leg injuries after the accident at about 8.30am today in Theatre Street, Dereham.
It is believed the boy has been taken to hospital for an X-ray as a precaution.
The driver of the silver car or anyone who witnessed the accident should call Dereham police on 101.
You may also want to watch:
Don't miss Thursday's paper to hear how the boy's mother felt when she heard her son had been knocked down and to hear her plea for the driver to come forward.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 Hethersett high school sends pupils home after four coronavirus cases
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 10 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford