Norfolk village set to entertain families with first music festival
- Credit: Archant
A village in Norfolk is preparing for its first music festival aimed at families.
Denver will host a family fun day out that will see acts from across Norfolk perform for a day.
The event will take place on the Denver playing field in Downham Market on Sunday, August 25 from 12pm to 10pm.
It will feature performances from Catch 22, The Echo Chamber, Stretch Soul Gang and Maisie Mae. It will also have a fun fair.
Organiser Alan Thurlbourne said: "This is the first music festival we have planned, we've been on about it for three years now and thought we'd give it a go this year.
You may also want to watch:
"The field can hold up to 2,000 but if we get half of that it would be brilliant."
Money raised from the festival will go towards the upkeep of the Denver playing field.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 9 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 10 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
Food and drink stalls will be available, including a bar.
Adult tickets are £10 and child tickets £5 with free admission to children under five.