Dentists swaps tooth work for legwork for charity
- Credit: Gautam Sharma
A Norwich dentist swapped tooth work for legwork as he donned his walking boots to raise money for charity.
Dr Gautam Sharma pushed his body to the limit as he walked 17 miles through the Welsh mountains in less than 15 hours to raise money for Nelson's Journey.
The walk had the doctor completing more than 55,000 steps to beat the target time across 10,000ft of mountain range.
Dr Sharma was supported by the team and his patients at West Earlham Dental throughout the challenge.
He said: 'I put my mind and body on the line to do something positive that I have not done before. I would like to thank all the patients and friends of the practice who donated for the cause, which has fantastically raised over £500.'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich charity Nelson's Journey support children who have lost their parents, providing guidance and help needed to help children come to terms with their loss.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old