Dementia friendly cinema deal launched in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Trevor Saunders
A dementia friendly cinema meal deal has been launched.
Great Yarmouth Dementia Action Alliance has linked with The Prom Hotel and Hollywood Cinema to offer a lunchtime package on the first Thursday of every month for carers of, and people living, with dementia.
The Prom Hotel has recently completed Dementia Friends training, and hotel manager James Docwra was presented with a certificate from Age Connected.
Mr Docwra said: 'We are delighted to be able to offer this package. The first meal deal is on Thursday, June 7 and includes a meal and cinema ticket for £10.'
Jackie Tierney, from Age Connected, who will be supporting people on the day of the lunches, said: 'We offer free dementia awareness training for businesses and groups and aim to make Great Yarmouth a 'Dementia Friendly Town'.'
To book tickets for June 7 call 01493 842308. To book Dementia Friends training email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge