Dementia friendly cinema deal launched in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Trevor Saunders
A dementia friendly cinema meal deal has been launched.
Great Yarmouth Dementia Action Alliance has linked with The Prom Hotel and Hollywood Cinema to offer a lunchtime package on the first Thursday of every month for carers of, and people living, with dementia.
The Prom Hotel has recently completed Dementia Friends training, and hotel manager James Docwra was presented with a certificate from Age Connected.
Mr Docwra said: 'We are delighted to be able to offer this package. The first meal deal is on Thursday, June 7 and includes a meal and cinema ticket for £10.'
Jackie Tierney, from Age Connected, who will be supporting people on the day of the lunches, said: 'We offer free dementia awareness training for businesses and groups and aim to make Great Yarmouth a 'Dementia Friendly Town'.'
You may also want to watch:
To book tickets for June 7 call 01493 842308. To book Dementia Friends training email email@example.com
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Local pub splashes back into action
- 3 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 4 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 5 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 6 Influencer loses one-of-a-kind wedding ring at coast
- 7 Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Cliff fall man arrested on suspicion of woman's murder
- 10 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn