Deliveroo down in Norwich
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
Restaurants have lost out of dozens of orders after online food delivery giant Deliveroo crashed.
A message on the Deliveroo page for Norwich deliveries on Thursday, December 10 said: "There's a problem. We're really sorry. We're working to fix it as soon as possible. Please try again later."
Ying Kit, manager for Baby Buddha Chinese Teahouse on Ber Street, Norwich, said: "We only have Deliveroo as a delivery platform so we cannot do any takeaway orders tonight."
Felicity Ralling, duty manager for Gourmet Burger Kitchen on Chapelfield Plain, Norwich, said: "We suspected it was down because people were calling us asking what was going on. We are doing what we can to keep the customers happy but it is not easy when something like this happens. We are probably going to lose a lot of business."
The restaurant uses Uber Eats and Just Eat but Miss Ralling said the majority of people ordered through Deliveroo.
Another city business which has suffered is Italian restaurant Zizzi, on Tombland.
Restaurant superviser Emily O'Callaghan said: "I suspected something was wrong after we hadn't heard from anyone. Everyone said it was really busy through Deliveroo last night."
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 9 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 10 Five takeaways planned to open in Norfolk
Zizzi also uses Uber Eats and Just Eat.
None of the restaurants had heard from Deliveroo directly about the problem with the system.