Baby Delilah becomes Norwich City Football Club’s youngest Carrow Road season ticket holder
- Credit: Archant
Many football fans start their love of the beautiful game at a young age, but Delilah Grant is something else.
At just five weeks old, the youngster from Attleborough has become Norwich City Football Club's youngest current season ticket holder.
The proud new owner of seat 116, row M in the Regency Stand, the ticket was brought for Delilah, by her mum, Emma Moore, a life-long City
fan who was introduced to the game by her father when he used to take her to matches as a child.
Ms Moore, 33, said: 'It was important for me to follow our family tradition and purchase a season ticket for Delilah so she can grow up attending the home games with me, as part of our family time together.
You may also want to watch:
'I always came to the football with my late dad and it's something we'd always done together, so I wanted to have that same bond and special time with Delilah.
'Hopefully she will actually enjoy coming to the football won't grow up to be a rugby fan or an Ipswich supporter,' she added.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
Currently holding seat 120 in row M of the Regency Stand, Ms Moore said as soon as she realised a neighbouring seat to hers had become available she jumped at he opportunity to take it.
Her daughter won't be attending games just yet however.
She added: 'I had no hesitation in ringing the club to secure it, even though it'll be a few years before she is big enough to accompany me.
'When I was younger I just used to like spending the time my dad.
'My family all think I'm mad getting Delilah a season ticket at five weeks old, but it was important to me and important to secure it while it was available because in a few years it might not be.
'I think it's a really nice thing to do and to have that special time where mother and daughter have time to spend with each other and a shared passion.'