Quacking image of duckling nicknamed ‘cricket’ wins Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
This delightful duckling basking in the spring sun has been named the Journal's Picture of the Week.
The image was captured by Gerogina Brown from Lowestoft and was taken at the Leathes Ham using her Lumix G8X camera, which she carries with her everywhere.
The 62-year-old said: "He was the only golden duck in there and he swam right up to us."
Despite the baby mallard swimming up to her, she came in close to the duck capture the portrait image.
"He is a cutie, we nicknamed him cricket - if you like cricket then you will know what it means," she said.
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Mrs Brown receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. To enter our competition, email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village