Delia Smith tops Christmas cookbook charts
- Credit: Archant © 2011
Delia Smith's Happy Christmas is topping the Christmas cookbook chart, according to Amazon.
Chefs across the country are gearing up to prepare the most challenging meal of the year, and it is Norwich City's joint majority shareholder's traditional recipes that has surpassed Christmas offerings from TV personalities Gordon Ramsay, Mary Berry and Nigella Lawson.
Published six years ago, the popularity of Delia's Happy Christmas shows no sign of abating.
'We all look for some inspiration and reassurance when it comes to cooking for friends and family, and for many of us, the pressure doesn't get any higher than on 25th December,' said Alison Forrestal from Amazon.co.uk. 'With all the preparation involved in making the Christmas dinner, and a heightened sense of anticipation from guests, it comes as no surprise that the nation turns to a household name like Delia Smith, who has been producing trusted recipes as a home cook for four decades.'
The top ten bestselling Christmas cookbooks, based on combined sales of print books and Kindle books, since November 1 2015 on Amazon.co.uk:
1. Delia's Happy Christmas by Delia Smith
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 4 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 5 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 6 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 7 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 8 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 9 Teenager suffers serious injuries in city crash
- 10 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
2. Great British Bake Off: Christmas by Lizzie Kamenetzky
3. Mary Berry's Christmas Collection by Mary Berry
4. Scandinavian Christmas by Trine Hahnemann
5. Nigella Christmas: Food, Family, Friends, Festivities by Nigella Lawson
6. Gluten-free Christmas by Hannah Miles
7. Cooking for Christmas (The Food Lovers' Library) by Josceline Dimbleby