Delia Smith features in Sir Peter Blake’s recreation of Beatles’ album cover, complete with Norwich City scarf
Norwich City's joint-majority shareholder Delia Smith has been featured in a new artwork by English pop artist, Sir Peter Blake.
To go on display during his 80th birthday celebration, Blake has taken inspiration from his famous Beatles' album cover for Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.
He is best known for designing the 1967 cover, a collage of life-sized cardboard models of famous faces together with the 'Fab Four', such as Marilyn Monroe, Bob Dylan and Marlon Brando.
The new artwork features the names who have inspired Blake, and TV cook Delia has made the cut, complete with her yellow and green scarf, alongside the likes of author Agatha Christie, filmmaker Alfred Hitchcock and fashion designers Stella McCartney and Vivienne Westwood.
The artist said: 'I've chosen people I admire, great people and some who are dear friends. I had a very long list of people who I wanted to go in but couldn't fit everyone in - I think that shows how strong British culture is and its legacy over the last six decades.'
You may also want to watch:
The artwork will go on display at this year's Wayne Hemingway Vintage Festival, celebrating the best of British culture, which takes place in Northamptonshire from July 13 to 15.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 4 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 7 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich