Delia and Michael’s touching message to county’s adult social care workers
- Credit: NCFC
Some of the region’s crucial care workers have been rewarded for their dedication with gifts from Norwich City Football club.
The club, along with its charity the Community Sports Foundation, reached out to the Norfolk Care Association to show its gratitude for their work.
A number of their workers were gifted with cakes, signed shirts and a message of goodwill from majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones.
Christine Futter, director of NorCa, said: “We were thrilled at the generosity and also the willingness to shine a light on the often overlooked social care workforce, who work day in, day out to support people in a variety of settings in the community.
“To see such joy that Norwich City and the Community Sports Foundation have brought to our care providers in Norfolk and Waveney has been truly overwhelming.”
You may also want to watch:
The message from Delia and Michael read: “As the virus continues in its reach, everyone at Norwich City Football club would like you to know that we will never take for granted your dedication and selflessness. This gift comes with love and deep gratitude from the players, staff and supporters.”
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 3 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 4 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 5 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 6 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 7 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 8 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 9 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 10 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week