Person dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A person has died after being hit by a train on the Norwich to London line.
British Transport Police (BTP) were called to Shenfield station, in Essex, at 10.30am yesterday after reports that a person had been hit by a train.
The East of England Ambulance Service was also in attendance and the person was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
A spokesperson for BTP confirmed the incident is not currently being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
All lines were blocked between Shenfield and Ingatestone fore nearly four hours and Greater Anglia advised passengers travelling to and from Norwich to go via Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
Disruption is expected to last until 3pm.
There had been delays earlier in the morning on the mainline due to a signalling fault at Liverpool Street. .
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich