Delays on trains between Diss and Norwich as steam locomotive Oliver Cromwell breaks down
- Credit: Archant
Rail customers travelling between Diss and Norwich should expect delays on the line.
Greater Anglia have warned of alterations to train services between the two stations due to a fault on the steam train, Oliver Cromwell.
The iconic steam locomotive is travelling to Norwich from London on a tour and was expected to attract a number of admirers along its route.
The locomotive was due to pass through Diss at around 12.50pm, Trowse Junction and swing bridge at around 1.15pm and Thorpe Junction shortly after that, arriving in Norwich around 1.20pm.
However due to a fault it is currently running behind schedule.
You may also want to watch:
A similar instance occurred last year when the Flying Scotsman was due to visit Norwich. Its visit had to be rescheduled.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 7 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 VIDEO: Cantwell missing as City prepare for Chelsea trip
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Greater Anglia's website states that 'short notice alterations, delays and cancellations' may occur on their trains as a result.
Advance purchase ticket holders will be allowed to travel on earlier or later trains if their booked service is cancelled.