Delays on Norwich to London train line after man hit by train
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Trains from London to Norwich are returning to normal, though disruption is still expected into the night after a man was hit by a train.
Disruption is expected until 11pm after the incident, which happened between Colchester and Maningtree just after 5.45pm.
The British Transport Police confirmed they were called and said the incident was not being treated as suspicious.
All lines have now reopened, but there will be disruption as services resume.
The ambulance service was called but the man was pronounced dead at the scene and a file will now be prepared for the coroner.
Rail services were delayed much of yesterday after a person was hit by a train between Diss and Stowmarket.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 3 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 4 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 5 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 6 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 7 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 8 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 9 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 10 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing