Delays on Norwich to London train line after man hit by train
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Trains from London to Norwich are returning to normal, though disruption is still expected into the night after a man was hit by a train.
Disruption is expected until 11pm after the incident, which happened between Colchester and Maningtree just after 5.45pm.
The British Transport Police confirmed they were called and said the incident was not being treated as suspicious.
All lines have now reopened, but there will be disruption as services resume.
The ambulance service was called but the man was pronounced dead at the scene and a file will now be prepared for the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
Rail services were delayed much of yesterday after a person was hit by a train between Diss and Stowmarket.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area