Delays on Norwich to London line due to fatality
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers travelling between Norwich and London faced delays on Saturday morning due to a person being hit by a train at Romford.
The incident happened on the line between Shenfield and Stratford and has meant all services running through these stations were cancelled or delayed by up to 90 minutes.
All trains have been stopped whilst the emergency services were at the scene but the incident was not being treated as suspicious.
The line re-pened just before 11.30am, allowing trains to run again. There were delays of about 40 minutes to trains from then as services started to resume.
Delays are expected to continue until the 2pm as services return to normal.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school