Delays on A11 at Barton Mills as lorry sheds load
Police are awaiting a forklift truck to help them clear metal sheeting which spilled out onto a busy Suffolk roundabout following a collision this afternoon (Tuesday).
Police were called to the fiveways roundabout on the A11 at Barton Mills, near Mildenhall, at about 2.40pm.
They found a lorry had spilled its load, which measured 1.5m by 3m, into the road. Police are currently at the scene directing traffic around the area and have closed off lane two to motorists while they deal with the incident.
A forklift truck has been called to the scene and is expected to arrive within the next 40 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab