Delays expected on A12 after lorry ‘falls from bridge’
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are advised to avoid the A12 following a serious crash at around 4pm this afternoon involving a lorry.
Police closed the road in both directions at Witham between junction 19 at Boreham and junction 25 at Marks Tey after the accident.
Essex Traffic Control Centre is now reporting that the northbound carriageway has re-opened to traffic.
The southbound carriageway will remain closed for several hours.
The incident involved a HGV which is believed to have fallen onto the Southbound carriageway from Coleman's Bridge at Witham.
You may also want to watch:
The bridge is also closed.
It is understood that the lorry caught fire and emergency services, including the air ambulance, are at the scene.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
No details of injuries have yet been released.