Delays expected on A12 after lorry ‘falls from bridge’
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are advised to avoid the A12 following a serious crash at around 4pm this afternoon involving a lorry.
Police closed the road in both directions at Witham between junction 19 at Boreham and junction 25 at Marks Tey after the accident.
Essex Traffic Control Centre is now reporting that the northbound carriageway has re-opened to traffic.
The southbound carriageway will remain closed for several hours.
The incident involved a HGV which is believed to have fallen onto the Southbound carriageway from Coleman's Bridge at Witham.
You may also want to watch:
The bridge is also closed.
It is understood that the lorry caught fire and emergency services, including the air ambulance, are at the scene.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Former factory site to become a new church
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
No details of injuries have yet been released.