Deck your shopfronts for the Aviva Women’s Tour and win competition
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk businesses are being encouraged to deck out their shopfronts in support of the Aviva Women's Tour of Britain, when it comes to the county next week.
When the men's tour came through Norfolk last year, hundreds of businesses took part in a window dressing competition, decorating shop fronts, reception areas and car parks to celebrate.
And organisers hope the women cyclists will get a similar welcome when they pedal through Norfolk on Wednesday, June 15.
The tour will enter the county at Harleston and race through Old Buckenham, Attleborough, Mulbarton, and on to a grand stage finish in Norwich.
Fiona Roberts, Active Norfolk event manager, said 'We look forward to giving the Women's Tour a warm Norfolk welcome, and we encourage businesses on the route to show their support by decorating their shopfronts.
'It makes the businesses attractive to all the people coming out to support the event and adds to the festive atmosphere the tour always brings.'
A top prize is at stake for businesses taking part – the opportunity for two places at the newly-opened Derby Velo-drome for a velodrome experience day.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 10 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
Participants will have the chance to ride on the velodrome, with instruction from highly experienced coaches, and track bikes and equipment will be provided.
To take part in the window dressing competition, email pictures of your decorated business to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than noon on Friday, June 17. The winner will be selected from the received entries and notified on Monday, June 20. The Aviva Women's Tour is a partnership between Active Norfolk, Adnams, South Norfolk Council, Breckland Council, Norwich City Council, and Norwich Business Improvement District.
Are you holding an event related to the Women's Tour? Email email@example.com
•For more information about the Women's Tour see www.tourofbritainnorfolk.co.uk•The Aviva Women's Tour is brought to Norfolk for the first time through a partnership between Active Norfolk, Adnams, South Norfolk Council, Breckland Council, Norwich City Council, and Norwich Business Improvement District.