December 15th: Today’s top stories on the EDP
- Credit: PA
Haven't had time to catch up with the news from today yet?
Here's a round up of some of the top stories on the EDP today.
• Norfolk couple jailed for employing illegal workers in Chinese restaurantsA Norfolk couple who repeatedly employed illegal workers in their East Harling and South Walsham restaurants have been jailed.
Li Bin He, 40, and Xue Ling Weng, 34, were both sentenced to 13 months imprisonment when they appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday last week.
• Mystery deepens over death of barefoot couple on A47 in west NorfolkThe mystery surrounding the deaths of two people who were struck by a car while walking barefoot along the A47 has deepened.
Details of the final hours of Nonita Karajevaite, 24, and Tadas Zaleskas, 26, who were due to be married, emerged at an inquest in King's Lynn yesterday.
• Astronaut Tim Peake blasts off for International Space StationMajor Tim Peake has blasted off into orbit on board the Soyuz space capsule on his way to becoming the first British astronaut to join the crew of the International Space Station (ISS). (with video)
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 5 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 6 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 7 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 8 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 9 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 10 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
• Poringland mother's anger at Norwich car park fine as she was 'breastfeeding baby'The mother of a newborn child has been left furious after she was given a parking ticket while she claims she was caring for her baby.
Anna Scriven, 28, of Poringland, said she went over the free two-hour parking limit because she was breastfeeding and changing 15 week old daughter Molly's nappy in Mothercare, Norwich.
• New Norfolk children's commissioner calls for swift actionNorfolk's children deserve better, and the county council has three months to make sure they get it.
That was the message from government appointed Children's Commissioner Dave Hill who started his job with a warning shot that swift change was needed ahead of a likely decision about the department's future by the end of March.
• Russian sailor rescued twice in one week off Great Yarmouth coastA Russian sailor known only as 'Valerie' has been rescued by lifeboat crews off the Great Yarmouth coast twice in the space of a week.
On December 6, a routine training exercise for one lifeboat crew turned into a real emergency after they were alerted to a stricken yachtsman off the coast of Caister. (with video)