Inquest opens into death of well-known Big Issue seller in Norwich
- Credit: Evening News © 2008
An inquest has opened into the death of a well-known Big Issue seller from Norwich.
Simon Thorndike died in Norwich on Tuesday, October 2 last year. His body was found in Jewson Road.
On Wednesday, assistant coroner for Norfolk Johanna Thompson opened the inquest into his death at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich.
She gave the medical cause of death as respiratory depression, combined with heart disease and combined drug toxicity.
Mr Thorndike was a well-known face in Norwich and sold The Big Issue outside The Forum.
You may also want to watch:
The full inquest will take place on June 17 in Norwich.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich