Deadline nears to nominate inspiring Norfolk group for �5,000 grant
People living in Norwich are being asked to help local community groups claim a �5,000 grant this week.
Organisations that 'inspire, support and unlock the potential of young people' are in the running to receive one of two �5,000 Lloyds Banking Group Community Fund grants.
The scheme was launched to mark the start of the London 2012 Olympic Torch Relay and support Lloyds Banking Group's commitment to UK communities.
The Norwich groups in the running for the money are drug and alcohol support organisation The Matthew Project, creative industry trainers The Garage and young disabled people's service provider The Hamlet Centre, as well as the Little Acorns toddler and baby group at Wymondham Baptist Church.
The two organisations with the most votes will each be awarded �5,000, out of a total �660,000 investment into UK communities.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Turner, director of community and sustainable business at Lloyds Banking Group, said: 'Becoming the best bank for our communities provides us with this unique Community Fund grant opportunity.
'The collaboration of the group's funding, together with colleague engagement in our communities, is a tremendously strong proposition allowing us to provide significant benefits for organisations across the UK that go far beyond funding alone.'
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
The voting closes at midnight on Sunday with the winners being announced in the following weeks.
To cast your vote, go to www.lloydsbanking groupcommunities.com
- Have you set up a new community group in Norwich? Call reporter David Freezer on 01603 772418 or firstname.lastname@example.org