Criminal charges laid over garage death of workman
- Credit: Ian Burt
A man who died at his workplace has prompted a criminal investigation, an inquest has heard.
David Nelson, 46, died at his place of work at AD Hurst and Son garage in Baptist Road, Upwell, near Wisbech, on July 4 last year. Police attended the garage and confirmed a man in his 40s was pronounced dead at the scene.
At the time of his death, police said Mr Nelson died after carrying out mechanical work on a vehicle.
At an inquest review in Norwich Coroner's Court this morning (Monday, January 7), area coroner Yvonne Blake said there were criminal proceedings related to this matter.
She said: 'This is a case where a gentleman was killed at work. Criminal proceedings are ongoing.'
The matter has been adjourned for another inquest review on Friday, February 1.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Blake added: 'We will have some details but I believe there is a sentencing hearing.'
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old