Missing 80-year-old found safe and well
- Credit: Archant
A missing 80-year-old has been found safe and well.
David Honess (known as Lordy) went missing from his home address on Melton Road in Wymondham on Thursday, August 2.
He was found safe and well this afternoon by Police Dog Kaiser in Wymondham almost 24 hours after being reported missing.
A tweet by Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dogs Unit said Mr Honess was found lying down out of sight in a wooded copse.
They also said PD Kasier will be getting steak for dinner as a reward.
You may also want to watch:
Police have thanked the media and the public for their help with the appeal to find Mr Honess.
After being alerted to his disappearance, officers made enquiries to Mr Honess' whereabouts but were unable to locate the 80 year-old and became concerned for his welfare.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue Team had 20 members searching throughout the night in the Wymondham area working jointly with the police and fire service.
A helicopter and a drone were also deployed overnight.