Murder victim was gym instructor, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed and found dead at the side of a road, an inquest opening heard.
David Lawal, 25, of Flanders Way, Hackney, was found in Brandon Road, Thetford, on Thursday, October 3.
The gym instructor was pronounced dead at the scene and his father, Albert Lawal, identified him at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Opening the inquest, area coroner Yvonne Blake gave the cause of death as stabbing to the neck and chest.
In total 13 people have been arrested in connection with Mr Lawal's death including a 16-year-old who was arrested in London.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team continue to follow up numerous lines of enquiry.
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101 and quote reference Operation Petersfield and a member of the enquiry team will call them back.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 6 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Restaurants and pubs reopening outdoors in April
The inquest was adjourned until May 1, 2020 while criminal investigations are on-going.