Murder victim was gym instructor, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed and found dead at the side of a road, an inquest opening heard.
David Lawal, 25, of Flanders Way, Hackney, was found in Brandon Road, Thetford, on Thursday, October 3.
The gym instructor was pronounced dead at the scene and his father, Albert Lawal, identified him at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
Opening the inquest, area coroner Yvonne Blake gave the cause of death as stabbing to the neck and chest.
In total 13 people have been arrested in connection with Mr Lawal's death including a 16-year-old who was arrested in London.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team continue to follow up numerous lines of enquiry.
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101 and quote reference Operation Petersfield and a member of the enquiry team will call them back.
- 1 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 2 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 3 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 4 Endangered red kite shot dead and hung from tree
- 5 Partner pays tribute to 'love of my life' after Thorpe stabbing
- 6 'Disappointment' for town centre with McDonald's branch closure
- 7 Man who plagued neighbourhood with loud music has speakers seized
- 8 Teacher's safety calls after e-scooter hit and run
- 9 Hospital owner vows 'never again' as liquidator called in
- 10 Third time lucky? Couple's plea after dream wedding day cancelled again
The inquest was adjourned until May 1, 2020 while criminal investigations are on-going.