Conspiracy theorist David Icke has Norwich event cancelled and moved to ‘top secret location’
- Credit: Archant
A planned show by controversial conspiracy theorist David Icke at St Andrews Halls has been cancelled after concerns were raised with the city council.
The four hour show is part of Mr Icke's UK tour to promote a new book, and had been set to take place in The Halls on April 30.
But the city council today confirmed they had cancelled the event and returned the deposit.
A spokesman for Norwich City Council said: 'All bookings at The Halls are subject to cancellation.
'Following a number of concerns raised by various people and organisations about this particular event taking place at The Halls, we decided to exercise our right detailed within the conditions of hire document and cancelled the event.
You may also want to watch:
'The holding deposit of £150 has been refunded.'
The show is still listed on Mr Icke's website as sold out, but is now taking place at a 'top secret location'.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night