David Beckham’s old Mercedes to go on sale in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Submitted
A car once owned by football superstar David Beckham will go on sale at a Norfolk auctioneers next week.
The Mercedes S500 was bought by the Beckhams in 2001 when the former Manchester United, Real Madrid and England footballer was at the height of his playing career.
That year he won the Premier League title with the Manchester club and sent England through to the World Cup with a free kick against Greece.
But you do not have to be a global star to afford this set of wheels.
At the time Beckham, who is England's most capped outfield player, paid £70,000 for the brand new vehicle but it could be yours for just a tenth of the price.
You may also want to watch:
The car will go under the hammer at Anglia Car Auctions with an estimate of between £7,000 and £9,000.
The King's Lynn based auctioneers have sold other cars with famous former drivers including Sir David Jason's Jaguar XJS, a Mercedes Pagoda that once belonged to radio presenter Chris Evans and a Jaguar XJR once owned by Top Gear's Jeremy Clarkson.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
Anglia Car Auction's Simon Whitmore said: 'It does make a difference if a car has had a famous owner.
'It helps get a bit of extra interest in it.'
The car, which has a five litre engine, has clocked up 117,000 miles since the former England captain bought it.
It was registered in June 2001 with the personalised registration Y3DVB and was part of the superstar's fleet.
The car comes with the manual, service book and V5 which carries Beckham's name.
The Mercedes will go under the hammer on Friday, June 14, at Anglia Car Auctions on Beveridge Way, King's Lynn.