David Beckham’s old Mercedes fails to sell in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Submitted
No one decided to spend it like Beckham on Saturday as a car previously owned by the star failed to sell in King's Lynn.
The Mercedes S500 was bought by the Beckhams in 2001 when the former Manchester United and England footballer was at his peak.
But the car failed to score with no one willing to meet the £7,000 reserve.
Robert George, co-owner of Anglia Car Auctions, said: 'No one bought it.
'We have sold David Jason's car, Jeremy Clarkson's but no one wanted a bit of Beckham.
You may also want to watch:
'If you have a lot of interest a car like this can fetch a bit but it is very difficult to give it a value.
'Its unique point is its previous owner.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 6 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 7 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 8 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
The car, which has a five litre engine, clocked up 117,000 miles since the former England captain bought it.
While David Beckham's former vehicle did not set pulses racing a Nissan Micra built in the same year fetched £3,500. It had done just 59 miles.