Davenport’s Magic Kingdom, North Walsham, says first season a big success
- Credit: Archant
A new Norfolk attraction is celebrating a magical first summer.
Davenport's Magic Kingdom says it is now ranked 22nd out of 257 county attractions by the review website TripAdvisor.
A spokesman said that placed it above Norwich Castle, Bewilderwood and Thursford.
The museum of magic, which also incorporates an 80-seat theatre, shop and restaurant, opened on North Walsham's Cromer Road in May on the site of the former Crane Fruehauf trailer factory.
It represented the fulfilment of a 30-year family dream for North Walsham magician Roy Davenport and his parents.
You may also want to watch:
The Davenport family, whose magician roots stretch back more than 100 years, has amassed a large and rare collection of magical artefacts and memorabilia over the decades and the museum means that it can at last be shown in public.
Celebrity visitors to date had included magician Paul Daniels and his wife Debbie McGee, and Britain's Got Talent finalist Steve Hewlett, according to the spokesman.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
And several prestigious magicians had joined Roy Davenport in performing at the venue, including Scott Penrose, Richard Griffin and Oliver Tabor.
? More information can be found at www.davenportsmagickingdom.co.uk, Facebook and Twitter or by phoning 01692 405 254.