Dates announced for Old Buckenham airshow
- Credit: Archant
Organisers of a popular airshow have announced dates for next year's event, which will be moved to accommodate the farming community.
Old Buckenham Airfield will move its annual two-day spectacular from its traditional date in late June to July 26 and 27 next year.
Airfield manager and airshow organiser Matt Wilkins, said that because part of the show was held on agricultural land, the change of date would allow the farmers more time to harvest their crops.
'We'd like to thank everyone who supported the show in 2013,' he added. 'Hopefully our new July date will ensure that we'll also be helped by the weather, which has been challenging for the last two shows.
'As ever our thanks go to the team of volunteers and the Air Cadets who make the show possible.'
You may also want to watch:
This year's show was deemed a success with thousands of people attending during the weekend of June 22 and 23, with scores choosing to book slots to take to the sky on the Saturday for pleasure flights and trial lessons.
The first act to be confirmed for 2014 is Brendan O'Brien whose world record attempt was thwarted by the weather at this year's show.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
This meant he missed landing on a specially designed trailer by an inch.
He will try again in 2014 with the aim of setting the shortest distance for a truck top landing recorded.