Date for new post office opening announced
- Credit: Archant
The date of the long-awaited re-opening of a Norfolk town's Post Office has been officially confirmed.
Watton Post Office will open for business at Watton Edwards News on the High Street on Monday, February 18 at 1pm.
The two open-plan counters will be alongside the retail counter and will open 6am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday, and 6.30am to 1pm on Sunday.
The announcement comes after the town has gone more than six months after the previous post office shut earlier this year.
A mobile post office which visits Watton Library on a Thursday afternoon from 1.30pm to 3.30pm will continue to operate until the new permanent post office opens.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of Watton, Tina Kiddell, said the return of the post office is hugely important.
She said: 'It's massive, absolutely massive. We are so pleased in Watton to have it back and it is a much needed service that we really missed when it wasn't here for those few months.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures