Date for new post office opening announced
- Credit: Archant
The date of the long-awaited re-opening of a Norfolk town's Post Office has been officially confirmed.
Watton Post Office will open for business at Watton Edwards News on the High Street on Monday, February 18 at 1pm.
The two open-plan counters will be alongside the retail counter and will open 6am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday, and 6.30am to 1pm on Sunday.
The announcement comes after the town has gone more than six months after the previous post office shut earlier this year.
A mobile post office which visits Watton Library on a Thursday afternoon from 1.30pm to 3.30pm will continue to operate until the new permanent post office opens.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of Watton, Tina Kiddell, said the return of the post office is hugely important.
She said: 'It's massive, absolutely massive. We are so pleased in Watton to have it back and it is a much needed service that we really missed when it wasn't here for those few months.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 6 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend
- 10 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints