Date for new post office opening announced
- Credit: Archant
The date of the long-awaited re-opening of a Norfolk town's Post Office has been officially confirmed.
Watton Post Office will open for business at Watton Edwards News on the High Street on Monday, February 18 at 1pm.
The two open-plan counters will be alongside the retail counter and will open 6am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday, and 6.30am to 1pm on Sunday.
The announcement comes after the town has gone more than six months after the previous post office shut earlier this year.
A mobile post office which visits Watton Library on a Thursday afternoon from 1.30pm to 3.30pm will continue to operate until the new permanent post office opens.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of Watton, Tina Kiddell, said the return of the post office is hugely important.
She said: 'It's massive, absolutely massive. We are so pleased in Watton to have it back and it is a much needed service that we really missed when it wasn't here for those few months.'
- 1 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Man dies following crash between tractor and car