Seaside town prepares for Danny Boyle’s Beatles movie filming
- Credit: Archant
Danny Boyle and his movie-making machine have pitched up in Bradwell.
A large marquee has appeared at the Mill Lane playing field with the car park and buildings largely taken over by the production team.
The Oscar-winning director was seen chatting with crew at the site which looked to be decked out ready for a celebration.
As well as hay bales and a band set-up inside, balloons were bobbing about in the breeze.
Meanwhile, just a short distance away in Gorleston the stage was being set for tomorrow's beach scene when a voluntary audience of 5,000 will crowd onto the sands in front of the Pier Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel's flat roof is hosting a concert in homage to the Beatles who played their last final public concert on top of an office building in London - and the instruments are already in place.
During the scene the lead actor Himesh Patel, playing Jack, has become a big star and the scene is said to be a key moment in the story - and potentially an 'iconic' piece of filming.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 7 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 10 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online
Margaret Goss, manager at the Pier Hotel, said she was thrilled the landmark building was playing such a key role in the film.
The hotel will be the engine room of tomorrow's action and a hub for make-up, sound, and green rooms.
It will be closed to the public and the rooms have been blocked booked by Danny Boyle and his team who are staying there.
'It is absolutely amazing,' Mrs Goss said.
'Gorleston is a real gem of a resort, they have obviously realised this and they absolutely love Gorleston.
'There is going to be a helicopter scene they say is going to be an iconic scene coming right up the beach to the hotel.
'We are so thrilled to have them.'
Assistant location manager Danny Potts who was at the scene at Gorleston today (Tuesday) is renewing his bonds with the town and said it was 'nice to come back.'
Mr Potts' father and brother are Hippodrome regulars Clive Webb and Danny Adams and as a child he would spend the Easter and summer seasons in Yarmouth with his family.
He said: 'I have always known it is a beautiful area so it is nice to see it being used.'
He added: 'All our lead actors will be here, but don't expect Ed Sheeran.'
Paid extras will be directly in front of the Pier Hotel with the main crowd on the beach.
There will be some security but people will be free to come and go.