Dance show helps Ryan appeal fund
A fund set up in memory of a teenager who died from meningitis has raised nearly �25,000 in less than six months.
Ryan Sweatman, 19, from Coltishall died in January after contracting meningitis, and his family set up a fund in his memory for the Meningitis Research Foundation.
Ryan, pictured, who used to attend Broadland High School, in Hoveton, died in his sleep from meningococcal septicaemia after a short period of illness.
A fund set up in his name has now reached more than �24,000 after another �3,500 was raised at a dance show organised by Ryan's sister, Carly Fryman on June 23. Carly owns Dynamic Dance whose first dance show 'The Launch' took place at the Open venue, in Bank Plain, Norwich, and was dedicated to Ryan.
Carly said: 'I can't even explain how proud I am of my Dynamic Dance family.
You may also want to watch:
'They are a fantastic group of dancers and singers and I am so lucky to be able to teach them. The show was dedicated to my very special brother Ryan and I want to thank everybody who bought tickets to raise money for vital research into meningitis.
'It's been less than six months since the fund was set up, but people have been very generous. It shows how special Ryan was.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 9 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 10 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
As reported, more than �300 was raised for the fund at a charity cake sale and coffee morning at Old Catton Village Hall in May. The event was attended by Ryan's mum, Gina Weston.
For more information on Ryan's remembrance fund, go to www.meningitis.org/book-of-experience/ryan-sweatman-59417 and http://www.ustgiving.com/remember/3487/ Ryan-Sweatman
Are you holding an event to raise money for charity in Norwich? Call reporter David Bale on 01603 772427 or email email@example.com