Dance school celebrate £45,000 donation to charity
- Credit: Archant
A dance teacher has celebrated three decades in the job, as it is announced the studio has raised more than £40,000 in the region for charities.
Sarah Wicks, who is principal of the Dance Factory in Beccles, celebrated the landmark anniversary through a glittering show at the Hewett Academy in Norwich.
Family, friends and guests packed out the theatre to raise funds for the East Anglian Children's Hospice (EACH).
On the day, a total of £4640.45 was raised for EACH and Bloodwise - a blood cancer charity. A cheque of £4035.45 was handed across to EACH and another of £605.00 to Bloodwise.
The local business has now raised a total of £45,000 in the region for various charities.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah Wicks said: "I would like to thank all the parents that donated raffle prizes and made cakes for the refreshments table and special thanks to HSBC Bank for their pound for pound donation."
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker