Gourmet doughnut shop to open in Norfolk
- Credit: Snappers Photography
A gourmet doughnut company which delivers decadent creations straight to your front door is opening a dessert parlour in Norfolk.
Daddy Donuts, set up in November 2017, is the brainchild of Karl and Kayleigh Linturn from Salhouse.
The husband and wife duo have been running the online bakery from their home, creating quirky doughnuts with toppings such as Nutella, walnut whip, Biscoff, Oreo, Lucky Charms, maple bacon and Jaffa Cakes.
But due to its increasing popularity, the business is expanding and the Linturns are opening a dessert parlour on Stalham high street at 10am on Saturday, March 24.
Mr Linturn, 33, said: 'I've always wanted to own my own restaurant or shop, but this has all come around accidentally.
You may also want to watch:
'My wife and I work in mental health, me as an occupational therapist support worker and Kayleigh is training to become a nurse.
'I had a football accident in November which meant I couldn't work for a few months. I love American food and love doughnuts and one evening the idea of having doughnuts delivered to your door came to me. We designed some doughnuts with different toppings and fillings, set up a Facebook page and it all just kind of exploded!'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
The father-of-two added: 'I had an operation in February which left me out of work for two months, so we figured this was the perfect time for a change and allowed us to launch our very own Daddy Donuts dessert parlour, which will offer an extreme eating experience - think Man v. Food style stuff.'
The shop will stock their range of doughnuts, as well as waffles, ice cream, freakshakes, sandwiches, sweets, bakery items and a cereal bar inspired by the one found in London-based eatery, Cereal Killer Cafe.
For more information visit facebook.com/ddnorwich