Gourmet doughnut shop to open in Norfolk
- Credit: Snappers Photography
A gourmet doughnut company which delivers decadent creations straight to your front door is opening a dessert parlour in Norfolk.
Daddy Donuts, set up in November 2017, is the brainchild of Karl and Kayleigh Linturn from Salhouse.
The husband and wife duo have been running the online bakery from their home, creating quirky doughnuts with toppings such as Nutella, walnut whip, Biscoff, Oreo, Lucky Charms, maple bacon and Jaffa Cakes.
But due to its increasing popularity, the business is expanding and the Linturns are opening a dessert parlour on Stalham high street at 10am on Saturday, March 24.
Mr Linturn, 33, said: 'I've always wanted to own my own restaurant or shop, but this has all come around accidentally.
'My wife and I work in mental health, me as an occupational therapist support worker and Kayleigh is training to become a nurse.
'I had a football accident in November which meant I couldn't work for a few months. I love American food and love doughnuts and one evening the idea of having doughnuts delivered to your door came to me. We designed some doughnuts with different toppings and fillings, set up a Facebook page and it all just kind of exploded!'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 10 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
The father-of-two added: 'I had an operation in February which left me out of work for two months, so we figured this was the perfect time for a change and allowed us to launch our very own Daddy Donuts dessert parlour, which will offer an extreme eating experience - think Man v. Food style stuff.'
The shop will stock their range of doughnuts, as well as waffles, ice cream, freakshakes, sandwiches, sweets, bakery items and a cereal bar inspired by the one found in London-based eatery, Cereal Killer Cafe.
For more information visit facebook.com/ddnorwich